Goodness Gracious
(0) Items in cart

Anstie Grange


Image: BEA 08 Anstie Grange 4a-2-148
BEA 08 Anstie Grange 4a-2-148
£ 3.50 each
Sizes

*
Quantity
Add to cart

1915. This mansion was built in the 1860s by Admiral Sir Leopold Heath. His son Cuthbert fitted out the house in 1916 as a hospital for officers injured in the Great War. During WW2 the house again assumed a medical role as the headquarters of Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service and they remained in situ until 1952.